Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Starting anew

Just some random thoughts on where the company is at and things in general. When Lisa asked me to come on board to start the business, I thought that we would only be focused on document shredding and electronic media recycling. What I have found is that there is a whole new world out there with recycling, and reuse. One area that we have expanded is the collection of water bottles and aluminum cans at client sites. This is really taken off with two clients using this service. We are working with another client that doesn't want food scraps going to the landfill. The two options I found are composting or feeding livestock. I learned more about composting that I ever wanted to and am comfortable explaining what should go into a compost pile and what shouldn't. Did you know what 'bokashi' is? Google it. Ok, I tell you. It is the natural composting meat, fish, dairy products using enzymes. Crazy that I know that now coming from the IT world. I have been able to share this information with St. Mary's food bank who are trying to use all their products and be green. Anyway, don't know how long I should write as this is probably boring. Will update in a few days. Chris.

No comments: